04 May In Praise of Print
There is nothing quite like the look and touch of a perfectly produced piece of print. Beautifully envisaged and crafted by a talented designer, it can undoubtedly influence the way we feel about something.
A marketing communication, well crafted, designed and printed, becomes a tactile piece that will stay around far longer than a quick flash on the screen.
As marketing professionals look for effective ways to reach their audience in a noisy digital space, print has enjoyed a renaissance of increased conversion rates and marketing return on investment.
- The average open rate for prospecting direct mail is 91%, compared to 11% for email.
- 24% of people share print articles and 23% save them
- Valued mail makes people consider – or reconsider – their perceptions about the brand or product and its relevance to them.
- 57% of people who received mail they valued felt more positively about the brand that sent it.
- 92% of respondents who felt something as a result of receiving valued mail, did something
- 83% of people valued mail that kept them up to date
- Print technology has moved forward too, with new options for variable printing (personalised print) direct print and digital textile print – all sitting alongside traditional methods and production processes.
So before pressing the button on your next digital campaign, consider giving your customers some lean back time, consider print.
Long live print.